I have been using this type of system for over 5 years in business and for churches. I have recently received a message from a pastor where he said he made 8000 calls but got only 13 responses. He sent me his message and I thought I should write this post to help0 you all with your Church Prospecting system. Let me state some points to help you be successful:
- Don’t make your message too long, keep it short.
- Don’t try to make the Automated Voice Broadcast System a sermon.
- Your only purpose is to get a positive response and get a prospect, nothing more.
- If you must leave more information, put it on your voice mail so they will hear it after they press one.
- Try writing out your message and after you do, try to trim out all the unnecessary words. (Example: “Hello, this is pastor David Williams from Largo, Florida calling you to tell you about our great and growing church. We would love to have you be a visitor this Sunday where we are having dinner on the grounds, wonderful special music with groups that are part of our church, fantastic congregational singing and of course a wonderful message from the word of God. We are specially interested in your soul and want to ask you if you know for sure that you are going to heaven when you die. If you would like to come to our church or to find out how you can know you are going to heaven when you die, please press one at the sound of the tone.” – This message is far too long, has too many adjectives and it tries to tell too much. Here is a better way to do the same message: “Do you like good music, dinner on the grounds, great fellowship, and a growing, exciting church that cares about people just like you? Hello, my name is Pastor David Williams of Bay Area Baptist Church. This Sunday is a very special day, guest music group, food, fellowship, and good preaching and we want you to attend. To find out more, press one now.” )
- Most important: DON’T CALL 10,000 PEOPLE WITH A MESSAGE THAT IS NOT WORKING. One pastor complained 4 years ago that our old system did not work. WRONG! It was the message that did not work. ALWAYS TEST YOUR MESSAGE ON 500 TO 1000 FIRST. You should be getting 5% to 20%. I have used this also for business and gotten as high as 30% response. Be wise with your minute money. DON’T WASTE CALLS AND MINUTES.
- I would like to offer each pastor a service that comes with your system. Write me and tell me about your campaign and give me an idea of what you would like to say. Let me take your message and re-write it into something that can work and get more prospects. Let’s get you more prospects than you have ever had.
- Don’t forget to try the prayer request message. We have had more success with that message than any other message we have tried.
Also, regarding voice mail for your campaigns, we have been recommending Gmail Voice which is free and it can be set up to receive your press one calls from prospects. We have had a couple of pastor who could not get a phone number so I did research this week and found an app that will work with your cell phone. You can use your own phone number and you can have the calls go there. It will take the messages and email you with the contact number and message. There are three levels of service 1) Free 2) Premium – $5 per month, and 3) Enterprise – $10 per month. To find out more here is a link so you can check it out for yourself: https://www.youmail.com/home/index